According to Statista, a marketing research company, over 2 billion people will have a social media account by 2020.
With this is in mind, social media could potentially catapult many businesses in front of a large online audience, giving any business a good solid platform to engage with new and interested users.
The report also discovered that almost half of SMBs utilise social media to market their services and products. More companies are becoming savvy when it comes down to online marketing and with more exposure becoming available at low costs, social media could be a valuable asset for your company.
For small businesses that are beginning to use social media, it can be daunting, however, there are loads of free resources out there helping any company starting on the social media marketing ladder.
Benefits of Social Media
- Increases brand awareness and loyalty
- Engage with your users instantly
- Listen to your followers
- See what your competitors are doing
- Share interesting content with your followers
- Increased online exposure
- Target location, interests and demographics with social media adverts